April 2018 Dinner Gala The theme of this year’s event was “Art, Fashion and Culture,” which focused on the artistic and cultural talents of Arab American Women. Guest speakers were: Ammar Campa Najjar, Candidate for Congress 2018, California. Maya Berry, Executive Director of the Arab American Institute. Candace Lightner, founder of “Mothers against Drunk Driving (MAAD)” and “We Save Lives.” Proceeds of the event were donated to “Americans for the Children of the Middle East,” the US sister charity of the “Unite Lebanon Youth Project” that provides college education scholarships for refugee students in Lebanon.
During the month of November, the Education Outreach Committee (EOC)had special guest speakers, Paul Noursi and Ghassan Tarazi, updating the audience on (EOC) that NAAWA adopted during the middle of the year.
- On January 28th, 2018, Arab American woman, Ms. Barbara Ferris, founder of “ International Women’s Democracy Center “ (IWDC) shared with NAAWA’s members and friends her lifelong experience in motivating, energizing and empowering women all over the world.
- On March 25th,2018, NAAWA had its third Annual Gala Dinner “Art, Fashion and Culture”. Part of the proceeds went to” Friends of Americans for the Children of the Middle East” and “Friends of Unite Lebanon Youth Project”.
- Featuring Guest Speakers:
- Ammar Campa Najjar , Candidate for Congress 2018, California.
- Maya Berry, Executive Director of Arab American Institute
- Candace Lightner , Founder of “MADD” and “We Save Lives”
- Dinner and Music with Soprano Lubana AlQuntar and musician Muath Idriss
- On August 10th, 2018, NAAWA launched “The Educational Outreach Committee Program” (EOC) and announced the teaming up with “Virginia Coalition for Human Rights”, who has a long experience working on this area.